Monday, May 10, 2010

In other weekend news...

Lemon curd



I spotted the recipe in Nigel Slater's Observer column and thought it looked worth a go. Very versatile, tangy and buttery. It was yummy with meringues, mixed berries and a small scoop of icecream as a pudding, and I'm looking forward to it on toast for breakfasts. Here it is.

Wild garlic pesto

My dad pointed out that we had wild garlic on the river bank at the bottom of our garden, so I picked some leaves to make a wild garlic, parsley and walnut pesto. It went really well on baked cod with some fresh vegetables and mashed potato. The walnuts gave it a earthyness that was appealing set against the lightness of cod and fresh vegetables.
A word of warning; please don't try this at home unless you're pretty confident on plant identification! I was lucky to have my Dad's expert eye to help out.

Walnut and Wild Garlic Pesto

25g wild garlic leaves
25g parsley
50g walnuts
1 tablespoon olive oil
A small squeeze of lemon juice
1 small garlic clove
Scrunch of salt.

Whizz everything together in a food processor. Spoon onto fish or chicken, or stir into a bowl of pasta. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment