Thursday, May 6, 2010

Delegation is the name of the game

Last time I made chocolate cake it was a DISASTER.

More of it ended up on the bottom of the oven than in the cake tin, and it had to be turned into a trifle-style dessert instead of being proper cake. Having spent a morning scraping burnt choclate goo off the oven I haven't been too keen to try my hand at cake-baking again.

But for a birthday, chocolate cake is the law, so I delegated the task to my younger sister. And she really came up trumps with a chocolatey-jammy deliciously sinful concoction.

Apparently it was from the recipe book published by this bakery, which both makes me want to go to the bakery to over-indulge in cake, and makes me think that I might just have to buy the recipe book and try making cake again.

I'm tempted.

No comments:

Post a Comment