Friday, May 6, 2011

Festival excitement

I'm excited.

Super-excited actually.

I've just read that there's a festival literally a few miles from me this summer which two of my food heros will be at. Yotam Ottolenghi AND Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.

Throw in a few bands, a couple of gardeners, an opera of Roald Dahl's Fantastic Mister Fox, and a generally lovely location, and its a festival I can actually get enthusiastic about.

Hurrah for Alex James's Harvest Festival. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase - no pots of jam and corn doilies at this one!

Here's the link:

Harvest

2 comments:

  1. hello A- lovely to meet you...

    can i just say upon reading this, my heart gave a little flutter...then i realised that the festival that would have both HFW and RD's Mr.Fox was in Oxford...that's a little far for me....unfortunately!!!

    enjoy!

    melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to 'meet' you too! I have enjoyed reading through your blog and its inspired me to try and do more crafting alongside the cookery.
    What a shame Oxfordshire is too far for you - The festival sounds lovely, so I hope we get a dry weekend in september for it!

    ReplyDelete