Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Broadening my horizons

Yesterday I found myself in central London with a little time to kill, so I wandered into Selfridges and then down Bond Street.

I'd read about Vogue magazine's Street Lights project at the weekend, so I made a beeline for Old Bond Street to see the window displays. It was fun and inspiring, with quite a buzz about it. Lots of people were checking out the displays, there was live music, and there were lots of interesting concepts on show. My favourite was the Tiffany's window, with perspex shapes which turned and magnified the jewellery.

Here's a small selection of snaps, just taken on my phone as I meandered around.



If you want to check out the window displays they're only up this week, so go go go!

Read a bit more about it here.

I also saw this in the Selfridges window which I thought was mad, cool and very funky:



Must practice my origami!

PS You may see more off-topic posts on this blog in the coming months. I'd like to broaden the subject matter a little here and there, to include a bit on crafts, art, fashion, jewellery, photography, and other things that interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment