Friday, January 28, 2011

Spiced sake soba

Today I had a day off work, for no reason other than that I felt like chilling out a bit. There was even a glint of sunshine here and there to brighten the day. And just for the hell of it I decided to throw in an extra recipe for this week - I was feeling in the need for something super-nutritious. Wagamama's Spiced Sake Soba seemed the perfect answer.

So what is Spiced sake soba? Well, I'm sorry to tell you that it has no saké in it!
This was it (phone photo!):


It was a stirfry of soba noodles (these are buckwheat noodles - hence the murky brown colour. They're tastier than they look!), mixed vegetables and egg, with a piece of seared wild salmon placed on top. The stirfry vegetables included mushrooms, beansprouts, courgette, peppers, onion, and a little chilli sauce. Garnished with a quarter of lime and a sprinkle of sesame seeds it was a filling, healthy dinner.



I thought it was the kind of meal that I would love but Dan would be less enthused by. How wrong I was - he loved it! A definite thumbs up for this one, with the added advantage that it banished all memories of the tofu stirfry which I served up from this recipe book a month or so ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment