Friday, February 19, 2010

Sunshine = icecream

We had sunshine and blue sky in Oxford today, I also spotted snowdrops in my parents' garden...oh yeah! Spring is on its way.

So, the first icecream outing of the year. And my, what an outing it was!

Any of you who have never been should really get yourselves to Oxford quick-smart and try the icecream in G&D's. My venue of choice is the Little Clarendon Street branch:


But any of the 3 will do just fine.

Today I went completely over the top with a Dime Bar cookie and a MASSIVE scoop of creamy delicious dime bar crunch icecream. I savoured it a nibble at a time over the Culture section of the newspaper.

Who says comfort food doesn't work?! It did the trick for me.

Normal service (ie healthy eating) resumes again as of now, but it was sooooo worth overloading the calories on this particular occasion!

Must have a go at homemade icecream. Its so much better than anything I've ever found in the shops.

G&D's Website
and
wiki page

No comments:

Post a Comment