Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nigella's crab pasta

Tuesday night is running club night, so I always get in at about 8:30pm starving hungry and physically pretty much knackered. Dinner has to be quick, extremely easy, and warming (particularly when its snowy out like it was last night!).

This week I finally made a pasta recipe which I'd been recommended by my friend Alana AGES ago (sorry it took me so long to get round to it Alana!). It was a recipe for crab and linguine by Nigella Lawson.

As ever, I did adjust the recipe a bit as I went along, but you can find it here in its unmessed-around state.

These were my alterations:
I used a tin of white crab meat instead of fresh crab and added a handful of prawns to bump it up a bit. I used a lot less olive oil - about 1/2 or 1/3 of the quantity in the recipe. It just didn't seem necessary to make it that oily! Also we had a bit of red pepper and some cherry tomatoes in the fridge so I threw those in. No linguine in the cupboard, so penne instead. And finally, a mixture of rocket, baby spinach and watercress instead of just watercress.



Very easy, very quick, very tasty. Hurrah!

Thanks Alana!

No comments:

Post a Comment