Tuesday, February 16, 2010

PANCAKE DAY!

It may be my favourite day of the year!

And no, I'd never made pancakes before last night. At least I don't think so. I knew the basic principle because I have made Gallettes a few times, which are just a different kind of pancake; made with water and buckwheat flour.

Anyway, I made my batter in the morning and left it in the fridge to rest while I went to work.

300ml milk
1 egg
4oz (115g) plain flour
Whisk it all together

Then, I whisked it all up again and got myself prepared:


BUT, the pan was useless! The non-stick coating clearly isn't very non-stick any more so the pancakes stuck.
Scrape, scrape, bin. And repeat.

After 2 failed attempts I switched pans:


And hoorah, they worked! That's steam, not smoke, I promise!

Dan was pleased, as he got to use the lemon that his mate brought back from his place in Cyprus for the lemon and sugar topping (nice to have friends with homes in useful places):



And I was pleased because I discovered that I am pancake-flipper extraordinaire: I didn't miss a single catch. How marvellous.

No comments:

Post a Comment