Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Off topic

Its the little things in life that make a big difference.

These are a few of the small things that have been lifting my mood and making me smile recently (as inspired by The Blog of Small Things which I have been dropping in on regularly of late; you can find it here):

Lovely pink and white clouds of blossom on the trees - its like candy floss has been liberally draped around town.



Going out at lunchtime without a coat.

Finding an old savings account book. OK, so it only had £16.62 in it, but it still made me happy.

Light evenings.

Pretty champagne flutes for half price.



Planting some bulbs last autumn and them actually growing; A major break through in my gardening "skills"!



Self-indulgent days out.

A cup of Earl Grey tea from leaves not a bag.

Finding a wonderful perfume, giving myself permission to treat myself to it if I ran the half marathon in under 2 hours, and achieving it.




Long weekends when the weather co-operates.

Dragging people along to exhibitions I want to see that they then love (my Mum adored the Madame Vionnet exhibition I took her to in Paris, Dan was fascinated by the Van Gogh exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art - quite a surprise given his monster hangover!).

The narrow boats on the canal all dolled up in fresh coats of paint in gaudy colours, as if they've put on their finest costume jewellery to greet the spring

Running cross-country in the sunshine, particularly now that the lambs are gambolling (there's no other word for it!) in the fields. Just adorable.



Making friends in our new neighbourhood.

Feeling that I'm starting to know my way around our area - finding favourite pubs, good shortcuts, the best places to buy fresh eggs, how the footpaths fit together, picturesque picnic spots, the outdoor swimming pool (still a little chilly for that yet!), the cinema where you can take a glass of wine in with you, the independent bookshop with a sideline in freshly baked cakes

2 comments:

  1. How nice to see a post on the small things that make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - I was inspired by your blog!

    ReplyDelete