Monday, April 26, 2010

Buffalo

Tonight I ate a buffalo.



Or at least, a buffalo burger.
And just because the sense of completeness pleased me, I had it with a tomato, basil and buffalo mozzarella salad.

I went to a new farmers market at the weekend. New to me that is. There was a buffalo farmer there: They make a buffalo milk hard cheese and buffalo milk icecream, although I didn't buy either of these, as well as selling burgers, steaks etc. Oddly they don't make buffalo mozzarella; apparently its really fiddly!

The burgers were really good. Its a very low fat red meat and extremely nutritious. Slightly smokey flavoured. Hardly any fat came out as I grilled the burgers, so clearly they really are very lean.

I'll have to give the icecream a try next time and see if it agrees with me better than cow icecream.

Check it out!

1 comment: