Wednesday, January 27, 2010

End of week 20...summing up

Last week was my 20th week on this project, which seemed like the ideal time for a summing-up.

Biggest revelations:

Homemade Goats cheese
Pickled Pears

Recipes which have made the 'regulars' list:

Gallettes
Stroganoff
Goats Cheese Souffle
Eggs Benedict
Porridge

Dan's Favourite:

Its a close-run thing between
Apple and spice red cabbage
Dauphinoise Potatoes
Yorkshire Pudding

My Favourite:

Salt and pepper Squid

Most disgusting meal:

Venison stew (its the stuff of the devil)

Recipes which require some fine-tuning:

Parkin
Steamed Treacle sponge

Things I have made more than once:

The ever-expanding list of recipes to try doesn't seem to leave room for many repeat appearances of the high-effort dinners. However, I have made the following at least twice:

Cuban meatballs stuffed with quail eggs
Cannellini bean and mint dip
Duck with Mango
Italian chicken spirals
Gujerati Cabbage and Carrots
Balsamic Baked sprouts
Homemade pasta (for spinach and ricotta cannelloni)

Recipe I have been putting off:

Lobster Thermidor
(worried about murdering a lobster in a needlessly painful fashion due to inexperience and/or ineptitude)

Requests I need to fulfill:

Sweet-potato pie
Cake (unspecified type) for office colleagues
Beef Wellington

Childhood nostalgia to relive:

Chocolate Steamed pudding with custard
Rice Pudding with jam

Surprises:

I like some cheese
I don't mind avocado

Here's to the next 20 weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment