Thursday, January 14, 2010

Amusement

Apparently Dan's food has been attracting comment at work.

Boss 1: What have you got there? Chicken and mayonnaise?
Dan: No, pheasant and pickled pear
Boss 1: Uuummmm....Ok then

I think I have developed a distinctly unusual approach to our meals over the last few months. But I've sort of gradually edged into it so it doesn't seem odd.
But now Dan tells me that he is regularly asked what's on the dinner menu as he leaves the office in the evening and comments on the contents of his lunchbox are getting more frequent.

I suspect this is mainly because he boasts about the good stuff, particularly to his boss who considers himself a bit of a foodie and the other one who's wife never cooks, but keeps quiet about the bad stuff.

This week's dinner menu:
Monday - goats cheese souffle with smoked haddock and leek and baked potato
Tuesday - pheasant casserole with braised red cabbage, new potatoes, and pickled pear
Wednesday - Steamed plaice stuffed with carrot and courgette, with broccoli
Thursday - Spiced rainbow trout with sticky rice and cauliflower
Friday - Pasta with black olives, courgette, goats cheese, red onion and pinenuts
Saturday - Grilled chicken with harissa and couscous
Sunday - Prawn boohna with chupati. (I hope to make onion bhajis and/or pakoras too, but may not have time or energy to make them as I'm doing a 12km race.)

When I look at a list like this (despite the fact not every week is as varied) I do see why Dan's mates think we're a bit of a curious case.

Still, if I'm going to be a talking point there are worse things people could be gossiping about!

No comments:

Post a Comment