Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rhubarb and ginger

Apparently there has been a massive surge in sales of jam-making equipment this year. I feel a little grumpy about this, as if there's one thing I hate its to be part of a trend! Nonetheless, I have made jam this year.
I started my jam making with an unsuccessful attempt at blackberry jam last year. What can I say?...I was a trendsetter!


Problem was, the jam was too hard to spread easily (we ate it anyway, of course!), so this year I bought a jam thermometer before I made a second attempt.
After a yummy and spreadable strawberry jam I was feeling confident, so when I was sent the instructions for rhubarb and ginger jam I resolved to give it a try.
And it worked!
The result was tangy with lovely little surprises of stem ginger throughout. Definitely one to do again when rhubarb comes into season. And a great alternative to marmalade, which I just can't stand.
Find the recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. There are two problems, you didn't send it to me in America, and there are no pictures. :-)

    Yuuum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww...I'll have to send you a Christmas picnic hamper!
    I'll be doing more pictures for things that I'm cooking from now on. Or at least, I will as long as I'm not starving hungry and gobble it up straight away!

    ReplyDelete