Thursday, November 19, 2009

How it started....

It all started with a book.

Specifically, this book:

So I suppose, technically, it all started with a blog. Which seems rather modern to me, although I'm aware I'm a few years behind the times.

Having been recommended the film of the book of the blog by another blogger (are you keeping up?!) I decided to start with the book. I still haven't got round to the film, but that's beside the point. At about the halfway point of the book I had a sudden realisation that I have a rather large collection of cookery books. They take up a whole shelf. And yet, the majority of the time I cook the same few meals.

I decided to start a PROJECT.

Since I had no desire to cook my way through an entire recipe book as Julie did I resolved instead to cook at least one new recipe per week. It seemed manageable, and even with a couple of weeks off through the year that would mean 50 new recipes in a year. I do like a nice even number, so that sealed the deal!

Here goes....

1 comment: