Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A mobile for Lily

In August a dear friend of mine had a baby girl, and in September she asked me to be a non-God Godmother. I felt honoured to be asked, and hope to be able to have a wonderful relationship with baby Lily as she grows up.

Lily's first Christmas is coming up and I wanted to make something for her rather than buying something - I felt that I wanted to put time and effort into the gift. I decided that a mobile to hang over her cot would be a nice first Christmas gift, so I got out my felt, embroidery thread, glue, and ribbons and started crafting. It took a little while to complete, but I'm pleased with the results:


I figured that unless Lily is precociously advanced it was safe to post this - its unlikely to ruin her surprise!

I took the templates for the felt items from my marvellous craft book Everything Alice.

An update: It seems Lily likes her present!

1 comment: