Friday, November 18, 2011

Baking

Today we had a bake sale at work. Its Children in Need, and although I do tend to feel a bit 'bah humbug' about charity events which feel compulsory, I like my work colleagues so I wanted to be helpful and muck in.

I made a batch of Caraway Shortbread biscuits from Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's River Cottage Every Day book. I really liked them - they were fragrant from the seeds, crips and buttery. Sweet enough to be a treat, but not so much they're sickly. Yummy.


Sadly (for charitable fundraising) it would appear that most people don't want to risk something new, so I had to take some home again at the end of the day.

This wasn't so sad for me and Dan though - biscuits for the weekend. Marvellous!


PS Kris - I haven't forgotten your baked goods, but these wouldn't survive a trip to New York.

1 comment:

  1. I expect marvelous (not weird British) food when I come out in May! Can't wait to see you and your family again :)

    ReplyDelete