Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pao de Queijo

hurrah....I made the Pao de Queijo (Brazilian cheese breads).



They were a bit chewy and doughy, not overly cheesy but enough to taste, and very nice warm with a salad of scallops and chorizo.

They definitely wouldn't be any good cold, but you can freeze them cooked or uncooked and just bake or heat them up when you're ready for them (just as well because even just 1/2 the recipe quantities made 15!).

They breads weren't all that bready - I guess there was less flour and more cheese in this recipe than in the ones I had before in London. I imagine a breadier version would keep better for selling in a shop, but I don't think I'll bother trying to amend the recipe as I liked them as they turned out.

I think these would be good with tomato soup, salads, pasta dishes (as an alternative to garlic bread). Quite versatile really. And quick too as there's no rising involved in the bread making.

The recipe came from by Cuban recipe book, but there are versions to be found all over the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment