Monday, June 21, 2010

Brazil!

A while a go I went through a short phase of trying out a few Latin American recipes which jogged my memory and made me recall the delicious Pao de Queijo which I had eaten with my friend Yu Chen at a Brazilian place at the grotty end of Oxford Street in London.
They are light and puffy cheesy breads, even delicious to me - a non-cheese eater. Even better there was a recipe for them in my Cuban recipe book. However, they call for tapioca flour. And where on earth can you buy that?!

Well, it turns out you can buy it in the health food shop of our little market town. Who'd have thought it? So, watch this space, because as soon as I have a couple of hours spare I will be getting my Brazilian groove on and having a try at Pao de Queijo.



Now all I need is some Havaianas, a beach, and a massive party!

No comments:

Post a Comment