Friday, September 16, 2011

Crafting

My corsetry course back in August seems to have had the desired effect, in that it has inspired me to do more sewing. No, the corset isn't finished yet, but that's largely because I've had several other projects on the go at the same time. (Its not far off though, so I hope an update will be forthcoming soon!)

The first sewing project to actually get finished was completed this morning:



A toy rabbit for Dan's niece's 1st birthday.

I was really quite pleased with how he turned out, and Dan seems amused and charmed by the dandily dressed and dapper little toy. I'm not sure if it really shows up in this picture, but I sewed his niece's name onto the bottom of the jacket to make it a bit more customised and personal.



The instructions came from a wonderful book full of craft projects which I bought recently called Everything Alice. You can find out more information about the book here.

I think a lot of people I know will be getting hand-crafted Christmas presents from the book this year - hope they don't mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment